I am Charlotte, a UK Registered Career Development Professional (aka ‘career coach’) and Gallup Certified CliftonStrengths® Coach. I help individuals rethink their careers with a view to finding more meaning & purpose in what they do. I use a range of tools and exercises to do this but the primary one that underpins all of my work is the CliftonStrengths assessment.
My approach is:
There’s no quick way to deal with career transition but I can guide you through it and provide the necessary structure and process that will enable you take a step back and work out what it is you really want and which direction to head in.
I can help you to:
- identify where your natural strengths and abilities lie
- take stock & clarify what’s important at this point in your life
- explore what career options might suit you given your strengths
- plan and undertake a job search
- define your brand/professional identity
- update your CV and apply for jobs
- prepare for job interviews
- develop as a manager/leader
- decide whether to go self-employed or set up a business
I recommend arranging an initial session (£50) to explore whether career coaching is for you. You can do this here: https://careerpractic.com/contact/
I changed career myself after working with a career coach in my late 20s. I moved from paper conservation to university administration, and then retrained as a career coach in my 40s.
I specialise in mid-career change & development and have particular interests in strengths-based development and self-employment. I’ve been supporting adults with their career development since 2017.
I’m based in the Plymouth area and work with clients face-to-face through the Dragongfly Wellbeing Centre and with national/international clients via video conference.
Testimonials can be viewed on my website at: https://careerpractic.com/testimonials/
My professional credentials include:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Careers Education, Information and Guidance (University of Warwick, 2017)
- Gallup Certified CliftonStrengths® Coach (2016)
- Test User Certificate in Occupational and Ability Testing (British Psychological Association, 2016)
- Business Model You® Master Class-Certified Practitioner (2020)
I am a member of the UK’s Career Development Institute (CDI) and abide by the CDI’s Code of Ethics. I maintain my professional knowledge in accordance with the CPD guidelines laid down by the Careers Profession Alliance.